Friday, January 21, 2011

How I got started with the scroll saw

Several months ago, while browsing the power tools in a local home improvement store, my eyes focused on a scroll saw which was on display.  I wondered what a scroll saw could actually be useful for, so when I got home, I did some searches on the internet and particularly YouTube, and began to realize what wonderful items that could be made with the scroll saw.  I was very impressed with one individual by the name of Steve Good, who by the way has his own blog pertaining to the art of creating useful and decorative items with the scroll saw. You can visit Steve's blog at: http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com .  From that site, you can find a link for Steve's catalog of hundreds of free patterns that you can download and use to create these beautiful projects.  From that point on, I was 'hooked' and went back to the store and purchased my first ever scroll saw, a SKIL, Model 3335, 16" variable speed saw.  Steve Good also has many informative and helpful video clips to show how he creates some of his items.  I am a regular viewer of Steve's blog, and I also subscribe to his newsletter.  If you are at all interested in getting into scroll sawing, I urge you to visit Steve's blog and see for yourself what a wonderful hobby this can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment